January 24th MLB news ... Make us a regular visit during the Baseball Lines season and watch your winning percentage and bankroll take off.
Welcome to baseballlines.org, the informational site for those that bet on baseball.
In order to score a profit on a complex game like baseball, you need to be in tune with all of the ever-changing stats and trends. By logging on daily, you will have access to information that all of the best handicappers use when handicapping a game.
Make us a regular visit during the baseball season and watch your winning percentage and bankroll take off.
The Indians are thinking of trading Nick Swisher. This is a big problem.
Last year the Indians selected a Governor of Brohio as a Swisher tie-in. What becomes of him? I think, per the constitution of the State of Brohio, that guy actually becomes the Tribes starting first baseman if Swisher is unable to perform his duties.
And where would you trade Swisher anyway? BroYork? Broladelphia? Broakland? Chicagbro? To the Baltimore Broioles? If youre doing a challenge trade that might work as the Indians could get Ubaldbro Jimenez back, but they let him go a year ago for petes sake.
At this point I think itd be hard to move Swisher. Especially with that contract. Maybe if he waived the $30 million he was owed and requested free agency he could persuade a team in Bropan to sign him. Like, say, the Hiroshima Broyo Carp. Or the Brokohama Bay Stars.
No, hed never sign with the Bromiuri Giants. That organization is far too conservative to be interested in Swisher. Lets not be silly here.
2015 Kentucky Derby Odds
Kentucky Derby week is one Football Live Betting Lines Online Bingo Bicimotos of the most thrilling times of the year. This race is known as "The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports" for its approximate time length.
Check 2015 KY Derby Schedule May 1 and 24 at Sportsbook.com
Odds to Win 2015 Kentucky Derby
MLB National League Central Predictions
The National League Central is usually a wild and unpredictable division. With no powerhouse favorite in the division this season, it looks to be even wilder than in past years. Despite the play the division may feature this season, here is the way I see things panning out, baseball betting needs to pay attention.
- The St. Louis Cardinals: The Cardinals have the best top of the rotation combo in the division hands down. They also feature the top free agent signing of the offseason and that Albert Pujols guy. With the emergence of Ryan Franklin as a more the solid option at the end of the game, look for the Cardinals to edge out the competition with their veteran leadership and strong starting pitching.
- The Cincinnati Reds: The Reds have surprised a great deal of people with their slight lead over the Cardinals so far this season. With a solid late inning combo of Author Rhodes and Francisco Cordero and a surprising amount of pop in the lineup, look for the Reds win a great deal more games than expected this season.
- The Milwaukee Brewers: Despite being ten games under .500 at the moment, the Brewers will win enough game to keep them in contention on offensive firepower alone. This, however, will not help their dismal starting pitching and uncertainty Trevor Hoffman has shown them this season. Look for the Brewers to have another season hovering around the .500 mark.
- The Chicago Cubs: The Cubs have a great deal of bloated contracts and old players that fill their roster. When Carlos Silva turns out to be your ace, you know you are in trouble. With little bang for their buck in the lineup and an out of whack starting rotation, look for Lou Piniella to blow more than a few gaskets this year.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates: The good news is that Pirates have a great shot at not finishing last in the division. The bad news is that they look to be making little to no progress as a franchise. Look for the Pirates futility to continue this season and for them to collect another top draft pick for 2011.
- The Houston Astros: The sheer awfulness of the Astros offense has been shocking to say the least this year. When Roy Oswalt wants to leave town, you know things have gotten out of hand. Look for the Astros the scrape the bottom of the division the entire season.
That is how I see the division shaping up. If the Cards can stay healthy, I really do not see anyone challenging them for the division crown, and those of you into baseball betting need to take notice. The NL Central is a wild one to say the least, though. The one thing we do know is that the NL Central is sure to be one of the most exciting divisions in baseball this year.
Are you ready for some baseball betting? At www.sportsbook.com all the game are available for you to choose.
MLB: Baseball bettors jumping on Giants
Whether it’s at home or on the road, the San Diego Padres have gotten the best of the San Francisco Giants this season. The first-place Padres look for a fifth straight win over the Giants on Wednesday night. After sweeping a three-game set from the Giants at home April 19-21, San Diego (20-12, +9.4 units) won 3-2 on Tuesday at San Francisco in the series opener between the NL West frontrunners. For tonight’s game, Sportsbook.com shows the Giants as -180 favorites, after opening the line at -145.
Three of the Padres’ four wins over San Francisco (18-13, +3.8) have been decided by one run, moving them to 14-6 in night games.
David Eckstein had a two-run single and four relievers held the Giants scoreless over 4 1/3 innings as San Diego improved to 3-1 on a six-game road trip.“We’ve been feeling good,” said Heath Bell, who recorded his ninth save to secure San Diego’s third straight win at San Francisco.
San Diego has allowed six runs against the Giants this season, including two by a bullpen that’s among the best in the majors with a 2.58 ERA. The Padres are 16-6 with a hot bullpen whose WHIP is under 1.200 the last 10 games this season.
That solid pitching has enabled the Padres to provide just enough offense to keep beating the Giants. San Diego has scored 12 runs and hit .235 against the Giants this season. The Padres were the recipient of 12 San Francisco walks but stranded 15 runners Tuesday. “We want to get them in,” San Diego manager Bud Black said.
Eckstein, however, is 7 for 13 in his last four games and batting .318 with six RBIs in his last six against the Giants.
The Padres scored all their runs Tuesday against Barry Zito, who allowed seven walks. They could face a stiffer challenge with Matt Cain (2-1, 2.79 ERA, 1.009 WHIP) on the mound.
After giving up seven runs in his first two starts, Cain has yielded six in his last four and two with five hits in 15 innings to win his last two outings.
Coming off an eight-inning, one-hit effort against Colorado on May 1, Cain took a no-hitter into the sixth before allowing two runs and four hits in seven innings of a 6-3 win at Florida on Thursday. “What a job he did,” manager Bruce Bochy told the Giants’ official website. The right-hander and his teammates are 11-3 when he pitches off a loss.
Cain is 4-6 with a 2.91 ERA in 19 starts versus the Padres. He allowed two runs in six innings of a 3-2, 10-inning loss at San Diego on April 19.
San Diego’s Clayton Richard (1-2, 3.34, 1.543), who gave up one run in 6 1/3 innings in that game against Cain and the Giants last month, takes the ball in this contest. The left-hander, whose 0-1 with a 6.10 ERA in two starts against San Francisco, gave up three runs and five walks in five innings of a 6-5, 12-inning loss to Colorado last Wednesday.
“It was not having command of my fastball. And when I don’t have that, it’s going to be a rough slide,” Richard told the Padres’ official website. Richard is an after dark hurler with San Diego 15-6 when he takes the mound with the lights on.
Aubrey Huff is 4 for 7 against Richard and had two hits with an RBI on Tuesday for the Giants, who’ve lost three of four. Huff is batting .417 with nine RBIs in his last 10 games.
Sportsbook.com has seen almost all one-sided action, as the Giants went from -145 favorites to -180 on the money line with total Un7.5. San Fran is 24-12 vs. NL starting pitcher whose ERA is 3.50 or better and 17-5 OVER against clubs in their league allowing 3.8 or less runs a game on the season. When the total falls into that range, Richard is 12-5 when the number is 7 to 8.5. (Padres Record)
This battle for the top spot in the NL West has 10:15 Eastern start and is available in both local markets as well as MLB.TV and San Diego is 24-13 OVER as a road underdog of +150 or more.
The StatFox Power Line shows San Francisco -151